Roll over image to zoom in

Howelsen Hill base

All photos property of the Tread of Pioneers Museum.
No duplication, reprinting, or use permitted without written consent of the Tread of Pioneers Museum.
Howelsen Hill base
Feb 1954
Bottom of Slalom Course where ski classes are held. The Sulphur Cave rope tow was moved to serve two-thirds of the H.H. slalom hill in 1953, seen at left. It was an unsatisfactory arrangement and in 1956 the present beginners area was cleared. The rope tow house has been used for storage since.
O. Roach
Steamboat Springs
Howelsen Hill
B & W Photo
Scanner: Epson 1640 SU